Praise is to God, and prayer and peace be upon the Messenger of God, and his family and companions, and followers.
The Unit of Intellectual Awareness at King Khalid University (KKU), is an independent body of corporate administration under the supervision of the Rector of King Khalid University. It engages with all religious and intellectual aspects of interest to the university in particular, and to the community in general.
The Unit of Intellectual Awareness's primary function is to develop and implement programs that address extreme behaviors and deviant ideas. It was established on 1/9/1435 AH by Royal Decree No. 35391, and on 06/21/1436 AH by the Royal Decree No. 27526. The decrees were issued in strategic alignment with viable media strategies designed to triumphantly overcome the propaganda of deviant ideas among misguided Saudi youth.
The unit will include administrative, organizational and financial structures. Unit membership will comprise a number of specialist professors in Islamic law, in education and in psychology, and other members from related colleges, from associated deanships and from associated departments in the University. Furthermore, it will cooperate with judicial authorities, advocacy groups, and with the educational security sectors, as well as with the media. Moreover, it will have a cadre of students among the student committees from all colleges.
To instill valuable intellectual leadership in the students of the university, and to qualitatively develop preventive and therapeutic methods against deviant ideas, their manifestations, and their tools.
The Unit of Intellectual Awareness seeks to serve the university community and the society in general, through projects, scientific publications, studies, events and programs, which aim to solve the causes, the effects and the manifestations of extremism. Such activity will contribute in strengthening the values of national loyalty and belonging for young people.
The Unit of Intellectual Awareness aims to achieve the following:
- To enrich sound thinking based on religion and on Sharia.
- To build legitimate, intellectual and balanced visions of how a university student should be.
- To clarify the necessity of obedience and adherence to the Muslim community.
- To enhance the student's role in achieving national loyalty and in the maintenance of security.
- To highlight the seriousness of takfir (excommunication) and its relation with religious extremism.
- To inculcate in the students, awareness of the dangers of the social networks in broadcasting rumors and extreme ideas.
- To develop a sound religious sense for students.
- To protect the youth from intellectual trends of deviant extremism or crude groups.
- To establish a complementary relationship between the university and community in order to make the members of the community aware of, and to educate them on, the dangers of terrorism and of extremism.
- To build effective communication channels with all governmental and private sector organizations; to create an integrated national project that aims at keeping the security, and maintaining the capabilities of this blessed country.
Administrative Structure of the Unit:
First / KKU Rector, Prof. Falleh R. M. Al-Solamy.
Second / The Supervisor of Intellectual Awareness Unit, Prof. Yahia bin Abdullah Al Bakri.
Third / Administration Manager of Intellectual Awareness Unit, Prof. Saeed bin Abdullah Zurraib Al-Shahrani.
Directory of the Employees:
|Office Manager's Tel|
|Office Manager's Fax|